Lead Web Developer
Qualtrics is experiencing hyper-growth globally and in Europe. Reporting to the European Marketing Director, this role is absolutely vital to Qualtrics’ growing European business. We are looking for a highly experienced Web Development Lead to own our European websites. Your role will be technical lead, working hands on while building your own team of web developers. You will work very closely with our in-house digital marketeers and designers to create world class b2b websites for our highest priority countries across Europe.
The Expectation for Success
- Must have 7+ years of hands-on experience of building and deploying websites
- A senior level web developer with strong and successful technical lead experience
- Proven experience of performing all technical aspects of a front end build
- A high level of SEO experience, specifically onsite optimisation, but also a full and broad knowledge of effective SEO strategies and techniques
- Experience of running multiple websites across varied countries and languages
- Problem solving skills and be proactive at offering solutions
- In depth knowledge of current coding techniques and best practices
- Willingness to work hands on
- Credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills and the gravitas to deliver ideas clearly and concisely to internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Proven track record delivering under a tight deadline
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Strong design sense and some experience with graphic design tools like Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Deep understanding of modern web standards and best practices including semantics, progressive enhancement/graceful degradation, accessibility and responsive web design
- Experience developing flexible and reusable CSS especially in the context of CSS frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Strong understanding of WordPress and its use as a CMS
- Experience with the Agile development model (SCRUM)
- Creative design skills with a strong portfolio of creative work would be an advantage
A Day in the Life
- Own Qualtrics European websites
- Build European web strategy: designing, testing and implementing site improvements, localising and building world class websites
- Work closely with European digital marketing team and designers on our European sites to ensure a smooth lead delivery process.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a small team of web developers and drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- Keep up to date with the latest web design technologies and techniques in order to keep our sites high quality
- Work closely with counterparts in the USA to ensure consistency across the international websites.
Qualtrics is an equal opportunity employer
Qualtrics provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.
Permanent / Full-time