Email Marketing Manager
Web Summit is a global technology conference company based in Dublin, Ireland. It runs a series of international gatherings across the world. Its flagship event is Web Summit, held in Lisbon. In less than 6 years Web Summit has grown from a small team to a company of over 130 focused on disrupting the conference industry through technology and data science. In 2016 nearly 100,000 startups, investors, speakers and other attendees gathered at Web Summit events, including Collision in the US and RISE in Hong Kong.
About the team
Email Marketing is at the core of everything we do. It’s how we communicate with all our customers and draw them to our events. Working closely with our content, advertising, growth, and data science teams, we’re looking for someone to manage our B2C email marketing and to make it better and more targeted than ever before.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll map out email marketing campaigns and design customer acquisition plans.
- You’ll build a deep understanding of our customer base and their interests, and develop targeted, personalised strategies to reach each segment.
- You’ll work with various departments internally to help our company hit aggressive customer growth targets.
- You’ll build and implement complex automation workflows.
- You’ll be able to analyse data, produce reports and take decisions accordingly.
- You’ll collaborate with the growth and data science teams to create and implement new and disruptive email marketing techniques.
- You’ll be in charge of A/B testing all messaging, and using results to guide your decisions when developing email campaign strategies.
- You’ll be a good listener. No matter how crazy the ideas are, you will be able to find creative ways to turn them into reality.
Who you are:
- You’re data driven, have a strong interest in email marketing and the digital world in general.
- You’re passionate about email automation and are capable of designing, managing, and building complex automation workflows at scale.
- You’re a deft strategic planner and are capable of mapping and executing on complex customer journeys.
- You're a creative individual but your communication is guided by data and you enjoy working with numbers and spreadsheets.
- You have at least 3 years experience in email marketing, working as part of a fast-paced and creative team.
- You have the ability to manage people and find innovative ways to challenge your team to generate high performing content, as well as create timelines and plan teamwork in advance.
- You’re naturally curious and want to experiment with new and creative ideas all the time.
- You’re an excellent communicator with an eye for detail.
- You’re interested in developing captivating content, finding new ways to engage with your customers and capture their interest.
- You have a good knowledge of online marketing and you have experience with different marketing tools.
- You’re inspired by technology and innovation, can spot trends and keep up-to-date with the latest ideas in technology and marketing.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree, or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in email marketing, marketing communication and marketing automation at scale.
- Team lead experience.
- Experience delivering to strict deadlines.
- Desire to be part of a fast and varied business environment where flexibility is a must and direction can change quickly.
- A passion and curiosity for the tech world as well as digital and social media marketing.
- Experience working with data and making sense of complex databases.
- Solid customer relationship experience.
- Fluency in other languages is an advantage.
Be healthy, curious and social:
- Stay healthy with our fully subsidised healthcare cover.
- Exercise your mind and body with our free gym membership and yoga.
- Enjoy your own private garden with orchard, sports equipment, and vegetables right outside your office.
- Enjoy an unlimited supply of fresh fruit, beverages and cereals.
- Master new skills from those around you, onsite talks and training initiatives.
- Become workmates, not just colleagues, with our active social calendar of company celebrations, trips abroad and sports.
Permanent / Full-time