We are currently seeking applicants for the following position
Junior Automation Engineer
This is a great opportunity for a motivated Junior PLC/Automation Engineer to begin a career with a progressive, growing and ambitious company. We are currently recruiting for Junior Automation Engineer with technical expertise in PLC’s, to join a well-known established company. The Junior Automation Engineer will be working closely with the maintenance and production team, as well as working on a variety of Projects.
• Design and Testing of control system software including control modules, equipment modules, graphics, alarms, safety interlocks etc.
• The development of PLC code in line with ISO procedures and defined standards
• Able to design and write PLC programs from scratch
• General all round Housekeeping of all PLC development projects
• Maintenance of projects once implemented.
• Perform ALS activities in a safe manner that is compliant with the ALS safety Manual, Policy and/or related procedures.
• Notify the Safety Officer / management of any unsafe equipment or work practice and make safe if appropriate.
• Activities are performed in a collaborative manner & in accordance with ALS published procedural requirements.
• Implement safety improvements as directed by the H&S Officer.
• Other duties as directed by the lab manager.
• Minimum of 2 year operational experience in a similar work environment as a Junior Automated Engineer
• Excellent skills in problem solving and analysis
• Occasional flexibility with working hours if needed.
• Have a keen eye for PLC Coding
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisation skills and an ability to multitask.
We regret that due to security concerns, we cannot receive cloud based files (i.e., OneDrive, Google Drive, etc.)
Thank you for your interest in ALS.